Senior Mobile App Developer – Remote Contract Opportunity
Strainprint is looking for a rockstar Senior Mobile App Developer to join our product development team. In this role, you will report directly to the CTO and work virtually with our Product, Database and QA teams.
- Work through current business requirements with team to create technical requirements in an Agile fashion while documenting and maintaining work progress in JIRA and Confluence
- Develop and maintain large scale mobile applications
- Write maintainable, testable, and performant software
- Participate in code review and performing extensive testing to ensure high quality software
- Augment and extend existing and new APIs to power application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to functional web elements
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the application
- Proactive personality, and a desire to deliver your best work
- Communicate clearly & effectively with team while also attending daily “Stand-Up” meetings
- In general, to act in the best interests of the Company all times.
- To support strategic initiatives and business development efforts as required by the CTO and/or Executive team.
Skills and Experience
- Strong React Native and React Hooks experience.
- Experience writing Native Modules for iOS and Android.
- Experience writing and working with RESTful API
- Experience working with Datadog
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming and software design patterns.
- Experience writing applications with offline support.
- Strong understanding of Redux state management and communication protocols like Websocket and Firebase for notifications and analytics.
- Strong experience with Agile methodology
- Strong experience with database technologies (E.g. MYSQL)
- Experience in building & deploying apps to TestFlight (iOS) and GooglePlay (Android) app stores.
- Proficient experience of code versioning tools, GitHub and Bitbucket.
Beneficial Skills and Experience (not mandatory)
- Experience writing python and object relational mappers.
- Experience with Django framework
Compensation & Work Environment
- 6–month Contract engagement
- Total compensation of Cdn.$10,000 / month
- Must be comfortable and disciplined to work remotely in a virtual team environment.
- Location: Toronto, Canada preferred, but not mandatory.
- Opportunity for contract extension, based on performance.
Strainprint® Technologies Ltd. is the leading real-world-evidence research platform for medical cannabis data and analytics. Created by patients for patients, our mission is to advance the scientific understanding of cannabis and its legitimization as a mainstream therapy. Since 2016, Strainprint has provided privacy-compliant technology tools to patients, doctors, pharmacists, producers, retailers and regulators to monitor the health and safety of medical cannabis users across the world. Over 60,000 medical cannabis patients from across North America have tracked almost 2 million interactions with lab verified cannabis products on Strainprint’s FREE, award-winning mobile journal app, creating the world’s largest ever data set on consumer use and product efficacy. The app is free for download on the App Store and Google Play stores.
The Strainprint team is comprised of talented and creative professionals with varying backgrounds and experiences that have come together with the common goal of furthering the science of cannabis therapy through technology.
If this opportunity excites you, please forward your resume to email@example.com . Only those candidates selected to move forward in the interview process will be contacted.
Strainprint® is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Strainprint also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.