ALL USERS OF STRAINPRINT SHOULD CAREFULLY REVIEW THIS POLICY, AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USERS’ LEGAL RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
1. “Content” is information, materials and other content, including, but not limited to, video, sounds, text, and designs.
2. “Personal Information” means Visitor Personal Information and User Personal Information.
3. “User” refers to any registered user of the App.
4. “Visitor” refers to any individual Internet browser that may view any portion of the Site, particularly public portions of the Site that do not require registration.
Additionally, when Visitors make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, Strainprint collects certain information including name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number (collectively, “Order Information”).
Device Information and Order Information is collectively referred to as “Visitor Personal Information”).
2. Use of Information from Visitors. Device Information collected from Visitors is used for purposes of internal reviews, including, but not limited to, traffic audits, tailoring of pages to a Visitor’s technology environment, analyzing traffic and search trends, generating aggregate demographic information and general Strainprint administration. Device Information may be shared in an aggregate form with advertisers and other third parties with a legitimate interest in the data. This aggregated data is anonymous and does not allow third parties to identify any Visitor personally. We use Order Information generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use Order Information to communicate with the purchasing Visitor, to screen orders for potential risk or fraud, and to provide information or advertising relating to Strainprint products or services. We will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete it.
We share Visitor Personal Information with third parties to help us use the Visitor Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses Visitor Personal Information here. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how Visitors use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Visitor Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share Visitor Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
1. Registration by Children Prohibited. Pursuant to the Strainprint End User Licence Agreement, only users who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (at least 18 years of age) may register for an account with Strainprint. Pursuant to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), Strainprint does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. Upon notice that Strainprint has inadvertently collected personally identifiable information from a child under thirteen, Strainprint will take all reasonable steps to remove such information from its records as quickly as reasonably possible.
2. Information Collected from Users. Strainprint registration may require Users to provide certain types of personally identifiable information (“User Personal Information”), including:
- a. Name, e-mail address, birthdate, postal address, country of residence, year of birth, gender, personal interests and similar identifying information;
- b. Personal Content, such as pictures, video or other intellectual property a User may own. Users understand and agree that Strainprint shall have an absolute licence and right to use, copy, distribute, or otherwise display User provided Content on Strainprint, as well as third-party websites with whom Strainprint may have agreements;
- c. Location information, using tools like global positioning systems (GPS), Wi-Fi, or cellular tower proximity, for purposes of providing relevant Content based on your physical location; and
- d. A Users’ medical cannabis use data tracked by the App (“Tracked Data”).
3. Ownership and Use of User Personal Information.
a. Personally-identifiable information. Users own all personally-identifiable User Personal Information including Tracked Data. Except as otherwise expressly set out in the End User Licence Agreement or herein, Tracked Data will be kept confidential.
Where a User downloads the App using an activation code, Tracked Data may be shared with the third party partner who provided the activation code. While Strainprint de-identifies Tracked Data before sharing it with partners, it is possible that the third party partner receiving the Tracked Data may be able to link it back to the User by referencing the activation code used or other data provided. Consent to third party partner disclosure of Tracked Data can be withdrawn at any time by deleting the activation code(s) from the profile section within the Software. Deleting an activation code does not affect Strainprint’s ability to use Anonymous Data (as defined below).
- b. Anonymous Data. In accordance with the End User Licence Agreement, Users grant permission to Strainprint to collect, store, process and analyze anonymous diagnostic, technical and usage logs, systems and hardware identifiers, real-time location-based information (if available), as well as all anonymized Tracked Data (“Anonymous Data”), and grant to Strainprint a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence (with the right to sub-license) to use the Anonymous Data for whatever purpose it chooses including without limitation for the commercial purpose of providing trend analyses and comparative analytics to the general Strainprint community and subscription holders, as set out herein.
- c. Strainprint may exchange Tracked Data and Anonymous Data among other entities owned or operated by Strainprint. Were Strainprint to engage in a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale, the licence regarding Tracked Data may be among the assets transferred.
4. Communications with Users from Strainprint. User Personal Information may be used by Strainprint for purposes of communicating with Users, including, but not limited to, sending occasional e-mail messages from Strainprint, corresponding with Users via email in response to User inquiries, providing services a User may request and otherwise managing a User’s account. Users may opt-out of future promotional mailings from Strainprint by employing methods provided in the below section entitled “Opt-Out and Modification of Provided Information.” Even where a User chooses to opt-out from promotional mailings, Users will continue to receive administrative emails related to the usage and functionality of the App.
5. Use of IP Addresses from Users. IP addresses collected with personally identifiable information may be employed by the Strainprint for identity, safety and security purposes. Such uses include, but are not limited to, identifying specific Users or preventing access to the Strainprint based on a User’s IP address.
6. User Historical Data. Strainprint maintains a historical record for each User. This historical record may include, but is not limited to, prior Transactions, account history, Strainprint activities and related data. This data may be employed to assist the Strainprint in identifying potential liabilities, resolving disputes, troubleshooting problems and enforcing all terms of the Strainprint. These data sets cannot be completely removed for any reason, including User request.
1. External Marketing Services. Strainprint may use external service providers and may share Personal Information with such service providers as necessary in the course of Strainprint operations. Strainprint limits its service providers’ use of Personal Information to that required to provide their services.
2. Voluntary Public Disclosure. The Site and/or App may include features, such as, but not limited to discussion forums, blog comment forms and related tools that allow Visitors and Users to publicly share information about themselves. Any information a User discloses in these areas may be publicly available on the Internet. Such information may be read, collected, or used by other Internet users. Strainprint is not responsible for personally identifiable information a User may choose to publicly disclose.
3. Third Party Websites. This Policy applies only to information collected by Strainprint. The Site and App may contain links to other third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Strainprint. These websites control their own privacy practices and are not bound by this Policy. Strainprint is not responsible for the information or services provided on third party websites, nor is it responsible for the privacy practices or content of their websites.
4. Disclosure. Strainprint reserves the right to disclose Personal Information as required by legal mandate, including, but not limited to, compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process lawfully served on Strainprint. Disclosure may also occur in order to prevent or report suspected fraud or suspected illegal activities. Strainprint may also disclose Personal Information in other circumstances that Strainprint believes in good-faith requires disclosure.
5. Opt-Out and Modification of Provided Information. Users may opt-out of communications from Strainprint. Strainprint will provide a method via which Users may request that their Tracked Data (but not Anonymous Data) be modified or removed from Strainprint records or preclude future communications from Strainprint. Users shall also have the right to have their accounts deleted. Strainprint will provide a method, which may change from time to time, for Users to request account deletion.
6. Data Security. At Strainprint, we take Users’ security and privacy concerns seriously. We strive to ensure that User data is kept securely. We use some of the most advanced technology for Internet security that is commercially available today including, but not limited to, third-party encryption of payment forms, password protected file systems and similar means of protection, designed to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under the control of Strainprint. While Strainprint takes commercially reasonable security precautions, the Strainprint is not responsible for data breaches of third parties, such as payment processors, web hosts or advertising providers. For further details on security measures taken by Strainprint, please contact us by email at email@example.com and request a complete copy of our Data Security Protection Statement.
7. Data Storage. All data associated with our Service is stored on servers located within Canada at secure data centers. We have no affiliates outside of Canada who could be compelled to produce information to a foreign body.
8. Handling of Security Breaches. Despite best efforts, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is perfectly secure. We cannot guarantee absolute security. However, if Strainprint learns of a security breach, we will notify affected Users so that they can take appropriate protective steps. Our breach notification procedures are consistent with our obligations under all applicable laws.
9. European Residents. If you are a European resident, you have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please note that your Personal Information will be transferred outside of Europe to Canada.
11. Contact Information. Any notice or other communication regarding this Policy shall be written. Notices sent to Strainprint shall be sent to email@example.com.
Last Updated June 6th, 2018