1. “Content” is information, materials and other content, including, but not limited to, video, sounds, text, and designs.
2. “Transaction” means any exchange requiring a financial payment that is initiated by a User.
3. “User” refers to any Internet visitor or user of Strainprint, namely a person that seeks to use and engage with Strainprint Content.
4. “Visitor” refers to any individual Internet browser that may view any portion of the Strainprint, particularly public portions of the Strainprint that do not require registration.
Non-Personally Identifying Information
1. Information Collected from Visitors. Strainprint collects certain information from all Visitors that is not personally identifiable. This information includes, but is not limited to, the user’s Internet service provider (ISP), Internet protocol (IP) address, including applicable location, Internet browser type and version and operating system (OS). Other information collected includes the date and time of a Visitor’s exit and entry on the Strainprint website or App, the names and addresses of referral sites, the specific pages a Visitor chooses to visit on the Strainprint website or App and certain search terms that a Visitor may have employed to find the Strainprint.
2. Use of Information from Visitors. Information collected from Visitors is used for purposes of internal reviews, including, but not limited to, traffic audits, tailoring of pages to a particular user’s technology environment, analyzing traffic and search trends, generating aggregate demographic information and general Strainprint administration. This information may be shared in an aggregate form with advertisers and other third parties with a legitimate interest in the data. This aggregated data is anonymous and does not allow third parties to identify any Visitor personally.
Personally Identifying Information
1. Registration by Children Prohibited. Pursuant to the Strainprint Terms of Service, only users 13 years and older may register for an account with Strainprint. Pursuant to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), Strainprint generally does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. Upon notice that Strainprint has inadvertently collected personally identifiable information from a child under thirteen, Strainprint will take all reasonable steps to remove such information from its records as quickly as reasonably possible.
2. Information Collected from Users. Strainprint registration may require Users to provide certain types of personally identifiable Content, such as:
- a. Personal Information, such as, but not limited to, name, e-mail address, birthdate, postal address, country of residence, year of birth, gender, personal interests and similar identifying information.
- b. Personal Content, such as pictures, video or other intellectual property a User may own. Users understand and agree that Strainprint shall have an absolute license and right to use, copy, distribute, or otherwise display User provided Content on Strainprint, as well as third-party websites with whom Strainprint may have agreements.
- c. Location Information, using tools like global positioning systems (GPS), Wi-Fi, or cellular tower proximity, for purposes of providing relevant Content based on your physical location.
3. Communications with Users from Strainprint. Information collected from Users may be used by Strainprint for purposes of communicating with Users, including, but not limited to, sending occasional e-mail messages from Strainprint, corresponding with Users via email in response to User inquiries, providing services a User may request and otherwise managing a User’s account.
- a. Users may opt-out of future promotional mailings from Strainprint by employing methods provided in the below section entitled “Opt-Out and Modification of Provided Information.”
- b. Even where a User chooses to opt-out from promotional mailings, Users will continue to receive administrative emails related to the usage and functionality of the Strainprint.
4. Use of IP Addresses from Users. IP addresses collected with personally identifiable information may be employed by the Strainprint for identity, safety and security purposes. Such uses include, but are not limited to, identifying specific Users or preventing access to the Strainprint based on a User’s IP address.
5. User Historical Data. Strainprint maintains a historical record for each User. This historical record may include, but is not limited to, prior Transactions, account history, Strainprint activities and related data. This data may be employed to assist the Strainprint in identifying potential liabilities, resolving disputes, troubleshooting problems and enforcing all terms of the Strainprint. These data sets cannot be completely removed for any reason, including User request.
1. Security. Strainprint employs commercially reasonable security methods to secure Users’ privacy, including, but not limited to, third-party encryption of payment forms, password protected file systems and similar means of protection, designed to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under the control of Strainprint. While Strainprint takes commercially reasonable security precautions, the Strainprint is not responsible for data breaches of third parties, such as payment processors, web hosts or advertising providers.
2. External Marketing Services. Strainprint may use external service providers and may share Personal Information with such service providers as necessary in the course of Strainprint operations. Strainprint limits its service providers’ use of Personal Information to that required to provide their services. Some of Strainprint’s service providers operate outside of Canada, in the United States and elsewhere (an “Offshore Jurisdiction”). Where a service provider operates in an Offshore Jurisdiction, Personal Information we share with the service provider will be subject to applicable laws in force in the Offshore Jurisdiction, including any requirement to disclose Personal Information to government, government agencies (including law enforcement agencies), regulators, courts and others in the Offshore Jurisdiction.
3. Voluntary Public Disclosure. Strainprint may include features, such as, but not limited to, User listings, User Content, discussion forums, blog comment forms and related tools that allow Users to publicly share information about themselves. Any information a User discloses in these areas may be publicly available on the Internet. Such information may be read, collected, or used by other Internet users. Strainprint is not responsible for personally identifiable information a User may choose to publicly disclose.
4. Third Party Websites. This Policy applies only to information collected by Strainprint. Strainprint websites and apps may contain links to other third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Strainprint. These websites control their own privacy practices and are not bound by this Policy. Strainprint is not responsible for the information or services provided on third party websites, nor is it responsible for the privacy practices or content of their websites.
6. Disclosure. Strainprint reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by legal mandate, including, but not limited to, compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process lawfully served on Strainprint. Disclosure may also occur in order to prevent or report suspected fraud or suspected illegal activities. Strainprint may also disclose information in other circumstances that Strainprint believes in good-faith requires disclosure.
7. Ownership of Data. Strainprint may exchange personally identifiable information among other entities owned or operated by Strainprint. Were Strainprint to engage in a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale, your personally identifiable information may be among the assets transferred.
8. Opt-Out and Modification of Provided Information. Users may opt-out of communications from the Strainprint. Strainprint will provide a method via which Users may request that their information be modified or removed from Strainprint records or preclude future communications from Strainprint. Users shall also have the right to have their accounts deleted. Strainprint will provide a method, which may change from time to time, for Users to request account deletion.
10. Contact Information. Any notice or other communication regarding this Policy shall be written. Notices sent to Strainprint shall be sent to email@example.com.
Last Updated June 5th, 2017