I made some delicious Grain Free, Dairy Free Cookies that are Vegan and Diabetic friendly so I wanted to share because ’tis the season for all things pumpkin spice right!!??!
1/2 cup melted room temp medicated coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs OR 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 5 tbsp water for flax eggs (vegan)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
4 tsp cinnamon ground
3 tsp ginger ground
3/4 tsp nutmeg ground
1/2 tsp cloves ground
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1. Make sure your coconut oil is room temperature to start, I like to put mine in a bowl of hot water and let it come up to room temp.
2. If you want to make “Vegan Eggs” mix 2 tbsp of ground flax with 5 tbsp of water. Stir well and let sit for at least 5 minutes to thicken.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, make sure you sift out all the large chunks of almond flour.
4. In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients, making sure everything is well combined.
5. Mix the wet ingredients in to the dry, making sure all is combined well.
6. If you find the mixture is too loose, you can set it in the fridge for up to a half hour to let it firm up.
7.Preheat the oven to 350F degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment.
8. Once the mixture has firmed up in the fridge (if required), roll out in to 24-36 balls and divide between the baking trays. You can push the cookie down using the bottom of a glass or create a crosshatch with a fork.
9. Bake the cookies one tray at a time unless you can fit them both baking sheets on the same rack. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
10. Let the cookies cool before moving them to a baking rack.
*can add dark chocolate or nuts of choice to batter after firming up in the fridge if desired.
We would love for you to share with us! Please sign up and join the conversation.