Business Development Manager (Full Time)
Strainprint Technologies is seeking a Business Development Manager (Full Time)
Salary range: $60 plus competitive commission structure (Target $80K)
Strainprint Technologies Ltd. (Strainprint) is the leader in demand-side cannabis data and analytics. Created by patients for patients, our mission is to advance the scientific understanding of cannabis and its legitimization as a mainstream therapy. Our technology solutions support cannabis patients, practitioners, industry and government with the most sophisticated and easy to use digital technologies for responsible cannabis use and global research. Strainprint is privacy compliant, military-grade encrypted and all patient data is completely anonymized and at rest in Canada. The Strainprint team is comprised of talented and creative professionals with varying backgrounds and experiences that have come together with the common goal of furthering the science of cannabis therapy.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced start up company in the cannabis industry? If you are a self motivated, driven and high energy individual with a background in technical sales or marketing this is the right opportunity for you. Strainprint is looking to fill a full time Business Development Manager to generate and drive new revenue streams and business opportunities for the Strainprint Community platform. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Strainprint ecosystem and will be able to identify strategies on how to promote the business, secure new prospects and close deals. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work independently as well as collaborate closely with the Sales and Marketing teams. You must be have excellent presentation skills and experience with new business sales as well as account management.
- Secure new prospects and business for Strainprint with a focus on the Community forum.
- Generate and drive new revenue streams.
- Develop and deliver account management strategies and where necessary, perform activities to help onboard new customers.
- Be willing to cold call and perform product demos in person and via the internet.
- Attend Strategic meetings and planning sessions.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales teams to meet sales targets and implement marketing strategies.
- Create and implement business plans and marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate, organize and implement back end features on the Strainprint Community platform
- Monitor site traffic, perform analysis, and run reports using Google Analytics
- Regular reporting of sales and business initiatives progress, issues and solutions to the Executive team
- Assist with department budget management and be responsible for role specific expense management.
- Establish strategic business relationships/partnerships to promote and raise awareness of the Strainprint Community brand and entire Strainprint ecosystem.
Experience and Skills
- Min 3-5 years experience in Technology, Media Sales or B2B Marketing background.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma (preferred)
- Understanding of early product development lifecycles and how to thrive in a startup environment
- Previous SaaS Sales experience an asset
- Strong technology and business acumen
- Experience using creative sales approaches
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience using a well established CRM
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent ability to negotiate, strong problem solving skills and ability to navigate challenges
- Highly motivated, driven and organized
Compensation Package and Incentives
- Base salary of $60,000/annually ($80,000 OTE)
- Employee Health and Dental benefit package
- Competitive, performance based commission structure with no cap
- Cell phone and Parking subsidies
- Company Stock Option Plan eligibility
- Travel opportunities
- On the job training and coaching
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
If this opportunity excites you, please forward a written Expression of Interest as well as your resume to email@example.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Strainprint Technologies Ltd is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Strainprint also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.